Monday, August 1, 2011

Rising from the Ashes

While pondering the bittersweet end to the bliss that the Harry Potter series has brought to the world, I glumly thought of the dreary section of cyberspace that the Butterbeer Chronicles has become. It's not that we don't have the best of intentions (I think someone mentioned something about paving a road to hell?) but we are rather limited in our time. Writing a blog post takes a small chunk of time, but creative cooking that may be happening with or without a recipe takes a LOT of time. So until I get my time-turner to start functioning and by extension be able to live in multple place at once every day, I fear that the cooking element of this blog is going to prove to be quite a roadblock.

But there's a lot more to the world of Harry Potter than food, right?

So I started considering what other morsels of magical information would be worthy of the Butterbeer Chronicles. I thought to look to my fellow fans for advice. But before I asked the question, it dawned on me - what better to write about than the fandom witches, wizards, muggles, and miscellanious beings themselves? Much like J.K. Rowling's new endeavor, Pottermore, suggests - we ARE the world of Harry Potter now. The next dark lord could be lurking in our midst. Beautiful blonde locks could be hiding a modern-day Veela. Or maybe we're just a bunch of wretched muggles who prefer to ignore the mundane simplicity of life by entrenching ourselves in the mystical possibilities of another. Regardless, we all have a story.

And it's my new mission to make sure those stories are told.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers