Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fan Profile: Alicia Hall

Name & Age: Alicia Hall, 24? errr... 34.

Hometown:  Eureka, CA

Where you live now:  Seatown... aka Seattle, WA

Hogwarts House: Gryffindor

Favorite Character: Sirius, while he was around. Otherwise Luna.

How did you start reading the series? I was looking for a book to read during lockdown at the jail (my job to put me through college) and my best friend/coworker gave me her book.
7 books is a long series. What made you stick with it? Honestly, I had my doubts until the third book...and the appearance of Sirius.  Then I was hooked.  There was something so magical (no pun intended) in getting swept up in the fervor.  A side bar:  I was (and am) that child who had to read every book written in a series or by an author. So I couldn't just abandon the series.  My inner child would not allow it. :)

What’s your favorite HP moment? Too many to list, so I'll give a couple small moments...when Buckbeack bites Draco...and the introduction of Luna...when Harry and Luna talk about seeing the horses of the "horseless carriages" Or perhaps in the book when Fawkes mourns Dumbledore and then flies into the coffin...such a sad poignant moment

And well, I'm a Fawkes fan.

What would your patronus be? A phoenix... rising from the ashes. :)

The Quibbler or The Daily Prophet? The Daily Prophet

What would you order off the trolley? Chocolate frogs... duh!

Which character did you love to hate? Draco

What’s your favorite class at Hogwarts and why? Probably ANY history class...I love history.
Even if you were going to be taught by a droll, boring ghost? Okay... maybe not. ;)
History is such a... muggle topic after all. Aren't you interested in the MAGIC?? Of course...history of magic??!  Good Enough for Hermione, no? Are we about to get in a Mud blood smack down here? ;)
Of course not! Though speaking of... how do you feel like the stories did with touching on real-world issues like discrimination? I thought the discrimination portion with the mud blood issue was nicely done, while the house elf slavery was a bit distracting from the story and completely lost in the movies.

Why do you think so many people love Harry Potter? What's not to love?  A great story of good triumphing over evil...wrapped up in a magical tale.  Why do people love the Tolkien books so much?
Would you say that this series is at the same level of greatness as The Lord of the Rings then? Well, let's be fair....The writing in LOTR is much different, and was never meant, I believe, for school children.  So, that aside...as far as magical story sure.

Do you have a question about the story that was never answered? What WAS the doorway that Sirius fell through...and why they could hear voices through the doorway?

If you could change one thing about the books what would it be?  The epilogue should never have been added. It is in the writing style of the first book...and a made for movie moment. The book was just fine ending in "present time".

And... don't hate me, but I think Harry should have died. Both halves too powerful to exist together, but they balance good and evil. It would have made the sacrifice all the better.

Are you on the web? Does facebook count?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers