Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fan Profile: Ken Jacobsen

Instrument builder and sustainable energy guru by day, master wandmaker by night. A witch simply isn't complete without her wand, so who better to start our journey through delectable details of Harry's devotees than the crafter of the wand that chose yours truely? A 12 inch creation of purple heart wood with a unicorn hair core, it is superbly swishy and would be wonderful for charms... if only I were particularly adept at them myself. All in due time, I suppose.

But this isn't about me today, this is our first of hopefully many peeks into the fascinating forays of the Harry Potter fandom. So let us begin with Ken!



Name & Age: Ken Jacobson, 33.


Hometown: Lake Oswego, OR.


Where do you live now? West Seattle.


What Hogwarts House would you be sorted into? Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.


Who's your favorite character? Luna Lovegood (I have a serious crush - on BOOK Luna, not MOVIE Luna!)


How did you get start reading the series? I was traveling through Germany in 2002 and I finished the Kurt Vonnegut book I had, so I went to the book store in the train station - HP (and the PHILOSOPHER'S stone) was one of two books in English.  I had heard good things, so I picked it up.  I was instantly hooked.  I picked up Chamber of Secrets a couple days later.


What’s your favorite Harry Potter moment? The time turner.


What would your patronus be? A slow loris.


The Quibbler or The Daily Prophet? The Daily Prophet.


What would you order off the trolley? Chocolate frogs.  lots of them.


Did you trust Snape? Why or why not? Yes.  Dumbledore trusted him.


Did the story have an impact on your life? Good entertainment. It was exciting to read a series of books as they came out.  I liked the speculation with friends.  I enjoyed disappearing from the world the day a new book came out.


Which character did you love to hate? Snape.


Would you have an owl, a cat, or a toad? Cat

What’s your favorite class at Hogwarts and why? Defense Against the Dark Arts, but only if Lupin is teaching.  Otherwise Charms.


If you could change one thing about the books what would it be? I like the books the way they are, but I would change SO MUCH about the movies.


Are you on the web? No, just the facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers