Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Accio Butterbeer!

Having paid a visit this past weekend to my own personal mecca, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWoHP), I finally experienced butterbeer first hand. Butterbeer! Glooooooooooorious butterbeer! You encase me in a glass case of emotion.

I <3 butterbeer.  Cheers!
I need to abandon my original idea of creating butterbeer from actual beer. A beer base is simply too bitter for such a sweet drink. But substituting with Butterscotch Schnapps, perhaps?  Or maybe a lil' bit o' Captain (spiced rum) to a cream soda base?

Another tip from WWoHP: the foam is added separately. Thank god. No more revolting butter-cream soda reaction product. Also, the foam seems to hold most of the flavor in the drink as a whole.  I have some good ideas about how to accomplish this that I'll try out this weekend (involving whipping heavy cream, Cool Whip, and butterscotch/caramel syrup).

Until next time... cheerio, mates!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers